Charlotte with cocoa is a gentle and airy version of the dessert popular all over the world. The perfect combination of light acidity of apples and soft astringency of chocolate will appeal to even those who do not eat desserts and do not really like sweets.
The set of ingredients is modest, but enough to create a culinary masterpiece. Soft and tender charlotte with cocoa, the recipe with a photo of which is presented below, will make you feel like a professional pastry chef in your own kitchen. The technological process does not take much time, the result will bring true pleasure.
It is based on a recipe for a classic biscuit with apples, but butter and cocoa add a unique chocolate flavor. Charlotte with cocoa, the recipe of which is designed for 6 servings, contains the following components:
- 7 tablespoons of flour (with a slide);
- 4 large eggs;
- 4-5 large, slightly sour apples;
- 3 teaspoons (with a slide) of cocoa;
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (baking powder for dough);
- 5 tablespoons of sugar;
- 100 gr. heated butter.
Separate the yolks and squirrels. We put the latter in the refrigerator for a few minutes - so they are easier to knock. We preheat the oven to 180 °, and at this time we prepare sugar in a separate container, mix the flour with cocoa and baking powder.
Heat the oil slightly to make it soft, peel the apples and cut them into small pieces.
Bring the cooled proteins with a mixer or whisk to a thick foam. As sugar is added, we continue to whisk, but not for long - so that the proteins do not lose their airy texture.
Then we grind the yolks to a homogeneous mass, add half a glass of a previously prepared dry mixture of baking powder, cocoa and flour. Gently knead, pour in the butter and whisk again, adding some remaining mixture.
The resulting mass is added in small portions to the whipped proteins, gently stirring with a spatula or mixer at minimum speed.
Pour 2/3 of the prepared mass into the smeared with butter form, put the cut apples and cover with the rest of the dough.
We send to the oven from 30 to 45 minutes. The duration of baking depends on the intensity of heating your oven.
The finished charlotte is cooled at room temperature. Baking covered with chocolate icing or sprinkled with powdered sugar. Dessert is served as an independent dish or combined with ice cream, jam, sweet sauce, pudding.
- If you additionally cover the bottom and walls of the mold with a thin layer of flour or cocoa, you can easily separate the finished product.
- It is not recommended to open the oven during cooking so that the biscuit does not lose shape. The readiness of baking is determined by the decrease in volume and the slight lag of the edges from the mold.
- A tablespoon of starch, which is replaced with the same amount of flour, will help keep the texture of the dough airy.
Adhering to this simple recipe - the baking will be excellent, which will please you and your guests. Have a nice tea party!